Top > Simple Solutions to eBay Technical Problems
Simple Solutions to eBay Problems
Easiest fixes to many common eBay technical problems include these:
1) Empty or Clear the cache of your web browser - usually under Preferences in MS Explorer, FireFox, Opera, etc...
2) Quit the browser, then restart it, and check if you can now load the problem eBay page(s),
3) As a last resort Delete or Clear your eBay cookies. (Often required after eBay has “enhanced” or “upgraded” an eBay section or feature i.e. made it more complex.) You will need to login to access the My eBay, Sell An Item, or personalized sections of eBay.
Additional Steps to fix eBay problems
Check the eBay Technical Issues forum for any other eBay users with similar problems - you may find a solution, workaround, or (at least) confirmation that other eBay customer share your problem (and associated grief).
How to Contact eBay phone numbers
eBay customer service can be contacted toll-free using Skype; currently available in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Der Skype-basierte eBay-Kundenservice telefonnummer für Deutschland, Österreich und die Schweiz ist kostenlos.
- US eBay phone number toll-free: 1-800-322-9266 or 1-888-749-3229; 24-hour/7-day
- US eBay PowerSellers phone number: 1-866-515-3229; 24-hour/7-day
- US eBay Silver PowerSellers phone number: 1-866-442-3229; 24-hour/7-day
- US eBay Stores phone number: 1-866-322-9103; 06:00-18:00 PDT, Monday - Friday
- Canada eBay phone number: 416-961-1970 plus above US toll-free phone numbers; 24-hour/7-day
- UK eBay phone number: 0700-500-3229, 0700-809-9181, or 0208-605-3000; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT/BST) Monday - Friday
- International eBay phone number: +44-700-500-3229; available same times as UK eBay above
- Australia eBay phone number: 1 800 088 741, 02-8280-6400 or 02-8280-6465; during office hours
- Australia eBay PowerSellers phone number: 02-8280-6470; during office hours
- Germany eBay phone number Deutschland eBay telefonnummer: 0180 546 32 29 oder 0180 5 GO EBAY (€0,14/min); Sie erreichen uns täglich von 9.00 - 20.00 Uhr unter
- Austria eBay phone number Österreich eBay telefonnummer: 0900-26-32-29 (€0,68/min); Sie erreichen uns täglich von 9.00 - 20.00 Uhr unter
- Switzerland eBay phone number Schweiz eBay telefonnummer: 0900-46-32-29 (CHF 1,00/min); Sie erreichen uns täglich von 9.00 - 20.00 Uhr unter
- India eBay phone number: 022-24990700 during office hours
Contact PayPal phone numbers
- US PayPal phone number toll-free Business/Premier accounts: 1-888-221-1161 or 1-888-204-4481, Personal accounts phone number: 1-402-935-7733 or 1-402-935-2057; 24-hour/7-day
- Canada PayPal phone: 1-866-392-9952; toll-free, 24-hour except public holidays
- International PayPal phone number: +1-402-935-2050; available same times as US PayPal above
- UK PayPal phone number: 08707-307-191 or 0800-358-7929; 06:00 - 22:00 (GMT/BST) Monday - Friday
- Ireland PayPal phone number: 1-890-943-220 (Daytime: €0.0492/min, Evening/weekend: €0.0126/min) or +353-1-436-9001; 06:00 - 22:00 (GMT) Monday - Friday, Sat 08:00 - 22:00, Sun 09:00 - 22:00 except public holidays
- Australia PayPal phone number: 1-800-073-263 or 02-8223-9500; 08:00 - 18:30 AEST Monday - Thursday, 08:00 - 16:00 Friday - Saturday
- France PayPal téléphone numéro (France PayPal phone number): 0821 230 233 (€0,12/min) ou +353 1 436 9005; 09:00 - 17:30 CET Lundi - Vendredi
- Nederlands PayPal telefoon aantal (Netherlands PayPal phone number): 0900 265 8950 (€0,10/min), voor België: 070 359 905 (€0,10/min); 08:00 - 16:30 CEST Maandag - Vrijdag
- Belgique PayPal téléphone numéro (Belgium PayPal phone number): 070 359 905 (€0,24/min); 10:00 - 16:00 CET Lundi - Vendredi
- Deutschland PayPal telefonnummer (Germany PayPal phone number): 0180 500 66 27 (€0,12/min); 8.30 - 19.00 Montag - Freitag zur Verfügung
- Österreich PayPal telefonnummer (Austria PayPal phone number): +49 180 500 66 27 (in den USA); 8.30 - 19.00 Montag - Freitag zur Verfügung
- Poland PayPal phone number: 00 353 1 436 9001; 08:00 - 16:30 GMT Monday - Friday
- Spain PayPal phone number: 902 88 52 48; 08:00 - 16:30 GMT Monday - Friday
Important: Please contact us if any of these telephone numbers are no longer working, or you have any updated PayPal or eBay contact info so we can make it widely available. Both eBay and PayPal do not make it easy to contact their Customer Service by phone.
How to Contact Amazon phone numbers
- US Amazon Sellers phone number toll-free: 1-877-251-0696; 24-hour/7-day
eBay account hijacking
If you receive a suspicious email supposedly from eBay, you can always verify whether it is legitimate by checking into your My eBay; it has copies of all eBay messages. Both eBay sellers and buyers are equally at risk of unauthorized account takeovers or eBay account hijacking, especially if they use weak passwords such as: password, secret, god, 1234, qwerty, sammy, email@example.com, or any of the easily-cracked passwords frequently used. We strongly recommend that you never use a name or word that appears in any dictionary or book; they are trivial to crack.
Securing eBay account passwords
Fortunately - unless you give out your eBay ID and password in reply to a “phishing” attempt, or download a keylogger virus or spyware - it is very nearly impossible for your account to be accessed by someone else. We recommend you use a strong password containing a random mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols e.g. X9pG@w%7Pt$ or &T2uF6;92Ns#d and change it every two to six months. Do not use the same password for different websites such as your email, online purchases and banking, otherwise if one account gets compromised then potentially they all can be. Sharing weak passwords between websites can lead to severe financial consequences for you. Remember this mantra - online security is only as strong as the weakest link.
Many browsers and Operating Systems (OS) include a useful feature - a Password Manager (Preferences>Site Passwords in Explorer) or Keychain that remembers your unique password for each website, so you don’t have to keep looking them up. Your passwords are encrypted and secured from unauthorized usage by a Master Password. Basically you only need remember your Master Password to access all your favourite websites that require logins. It’s always a good idea to print out a password list every six months as a backup, which you can hide in a favourite book, safety deposit box or closet, etc. This way, when your hard disk or computer eventually dies you’ll still be able to access your online accounts. We also recommend you backup all data on your hard drive every week or month.
Finally, unless you have sole access to your computer, resist the temptation to use the Remember Me or Keep Me Logged In feature of many websites. That is - unless you want your children’s or spouse’s friends (or really anyone with access to your computer) to use your eBay account for their bidding or selling. Fortunately most good OSs allow you to secure your computer from unauthorised access.
Recent and Ongoing eBay Problems
Older and Ongoing eBay Problems are detailed and dissected in the next section which documents eBay’s technical troubles...
Current eBay & PayPal Problems
Or revisit Current PayPal & eBay Technical Problems...